Principle of Data Protection
FIESTA HOTELS AND RESORTS is committed to the fulfilment of its obligations of confidentiality with regard to personal information, and the company’s responsibility to safeguard it, and will take every possible technical and administrative measure that may be necessary to guarantee the security of the personal data, and to prevent loss, unauthorised access or processing, in view of the state of technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which it is exposed, whether arising from human action or physical or natural means, as outlined under section VIII of Royal Decree 1720-2007, 21 December, approving the Regulation to implement the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data 15/1999, 13 December.
The second section of Article 22 of Law 34/2002, 11 July, Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (hereinafter LSSI-CE) lays down the following:
Providers of services can use data storage and retrieval devices on users’ terminal systems, on condition that the users have given their consent after being furnished with full and clear information regarding the use of such devices, and particularly regarding the purposes of processing the data, in accordance with the provisions of the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data 15/1999, 13 December.
When this is effective and technically feasible, the user’s consent to the processing of their data may be obtained by means of the parameters of the web browser or other applications, provided that the user configures these either during their installation or during updating by means of an express indication to that effect.
The preceding paragraph does not prevent possible technical access to, or storage of, the data with the sole aim of transmitting a communication via an electronic communication network, to the extent that this is strictly necessary in order that the company may supply information expressly requested by the user.
Cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempted from the obligations set down in Article 22.2 of the LSSI-CE:
- Solely to allow communication between the user’s equipment and the network.
- Strictly to provide a service expressly requested by the user.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file which is downloaded onto a computer or other device used to access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and recover information on the browsing habits of the user or his/her system and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which they are used, they can be used to recognise the user. The user’s browser stores cookies on the hard drive during the current session only, taking up a minimum amount of memory space and not damaging the computer. Cookies do not contain any kind of information specific to the individual, and the majority of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of the browsing session (these are known as session cookies).
Most browsers accept cookies as standard, and regardless of these, allow or block temporary or memorised cookies through their security controls.
What kind of cookies does this website use?
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to browse a website, platform or application, and to use the various options or services that exist there, for example, controlling traffic and the communication of data, identifying the session, allowing access to restricted areas, recording the elements of an order, processing a purchase, requesting to sign up or be admitted to an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for broadcast by sound or video, or sharing content across social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to access a service with certain predefined general characteristics according to a series of criteria on the user’s terminal, for example, the language used, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional setting from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies which, when used properly by us or by third parties, allow us to measure the number of users and thus make statistical analyses of their usage of the service offered. To this end, the browsing habits of users on our website are analysed with the aim of improving the products or services on offer.
|CATEGORY OF USE||PURPOSE / INFORMATION PROCESSED|
|Preferences||These cookies allow our websites to record information that changes the look or behaviour of the site, for example, the preferred language or the region where the user is located. These cookies also allow the size and font of the text to be changed, as well as other customisable parts of the website.
The loss of information stored in a preference cookie can make the website experience less customised, but it should not prevent it from functioning.
|Security||We use security cookies to authenticate users, to prevent fraudulent use of log-in information and to protect user data from unauthorised third parties.|
|Processing||Processing cookies allow the website to function correctly, and to offer services expected by the user accessing the website: for example, browsing web pages and accessing restricted areas of the website. Without these cookies, the website cannot work correctly.|
||These are the analysis tools that help websites and application owners to understand the way in which visitors interact with their websites and applications. A set of cookies can be used to collect information and report the usage statistics of websites without personally identifying those visitors to Google. For more on Google Analytics cookies and privacy information cookies de Google Analytics e información sobre la privacidad, see:|
|Session state||Websites frequently collect information on the way in which users interact with the website. This information can include the pages which users visit most frequently, and whether users receive error messages from certain pages. We use so-called “session state cookies” to improve our services and thus improve the browsing experience of users. If these cookies are blocked or deleted, the website will continue to function.|
You may allow, block or delete cookies installed on your system via the settings of the browser installed on your computer: